Legendary Hollywood supermanager and producer Bernie Brillstein reveals his collection of wisdom gleaned from his fifty years of insight, instinct, and experience in both business and life.
An uncommon collection of common sense, The Little Stuff Matters Most delivers the hard and fast lessons of Brillstein’s unparalleled business experience in fifty pithy, wise, and completely entertaining essays. Brillstein, whose name is synonymous with some of the highest-profile Hollywood careers, shares these invaluable lessons in the clever, unfailingly honest, and inimitable tone for which he is known and loved.
Memorable tips include:
- Know the difference between “hot” and “good”
- Only doctors and hookers need pagers
- Don’t pet the snakes
- Have an opinion, even it it’s wrong
- It’s all lies, and that’s the truth
- When your time has come, success will find you
- The stomachache—and other gastrointestinal warnings
Each of the book’s fifty “Bernie-isms” is followed by refreshing commentary, peppered with colorful tales from Bernie’s career and clever drawings by acclaimed New Yorker cartoonist David Sipress. This book is the next best thing to having your own personal manager on call 24/7—without having to fork over 15 percent of your paycheck.