Create your own manga characters!
The manga universe is diverse–full of cute chibis, soulful romantics, cunning villains and sassy schoolgirls. Whether you want to tell love stories, create fantasy worlds or explore the drama of everyday life, you can do it with the help of self-taught manga artist and YouTube celebrity Sophie-Chan. You’ll learn to draw personality-filled characters and create unique manga stories from start to finish, even if you’ve never drawn manga before!
Inside Manga Workshop:
- 30+ start-to-finish demonstrations teach you to draw women, men and children of all ages, perspectives and personality types, including classic manga schoolgirls, the boy next door, businesswomen, rock stars and gothic vampires.
- The Face. Using simple shapes, draw different eyes, noses and mouths to create endless expressions, from blushing surprise and happiness to full-blown tears–even cool hairstyles!
- The Figure. Follow easy guidelines to create proportionate characters–chibis and children, high schoolers and warriors–and place them in scenes. Plus, learn the secrets to drawing accurate hands and feet, including shoes!
- Color. Learn to color your manga with colored pencil, markers and digital drawing programs to reflect setting, genre, time of day and personality traits.
- Bonus pages show variations on facial expressions, common poses, extra outfits and how to use each in your story, plus special drawing demos, including an angel, vampire, witch, a magical cat and Chan’s own characters.
Includes publishing tips, words of advice and insider secrets!